The most pertinent issue for every webmaster is how to rank a web page better on the world’s largest search engine – Google.
Is it NOT What you are searching for and to get your business into rank ?
Oh , uhh yes you are !
Let me explain those few myth and science of Google ranking factors which will help most of you to improve your ranking better .
A number of factors are considered before your page pops up at the number one position. These factors aiding the ranking process vary over a period of time depending upon the number and specificity of factors.
Here we present you some of the most important, the top 101 factors that can create tremendous impact on your ranking. Although these factors are only indicative in nature, yet they play a very important and impressive role in ranking.
1. Keyword is the key; usage features actually describe the use of keyword or key phrase in specific parts within the HTML code of page .
2. Keyword present in title element: This is one of the most influential factors for ranking of a page. If keyword is present in title, ranking of page is quite high in Google.
3. Appearance of keyword in main content of page: “It happens that keywords are present in text of page but most times they are not present at an appropriate place and hence do not add to enhancement of page ranking. For this, it should be made sure that keyword is present within the main content of page text”
4. Presence of synonyms of keyword: itis yet another important feature for age ranking. Make sure that the page contains multiple variants or synonyms of a single keyword or key phrase.
5. Page URL: Now this is another important feature. Keyword must be present in the URL of the page. This is not a difficult task to achieve if your keyword is present in main title of text.
Keywords in URLs definitely help your pages rank better for the keywords your page url should clean and clear however behind the URL address if you are using your keyword that helps search engine better to judgement the page you are targeting that is relevant the the specific niche (point this text under a section)
Example ; If you search mens-dress then you will come to see the more pages are appearing in the search engine with the url using s the keywords into their url parameter.
It keep audience engage better because you are looking for men dress, not men suits not women evening dress ” Keywords in url ” is still a good factors .
6. Domain age:Age of the domain is also an important factor.
Google still care about them but lightly, the old is gold the strategies we all knows but Google give good ranking to those website which are more than 3 months old , you don’t need to wait for a year or decades as earlier as per the google algo the more your domains older have the better your ranks can ( is no longer working ) in 2016
7. Uniqueness:Besides keywords, certain other factors are also involved in enhancing page rankings. Among these one of the most important is uniqueness of content in the page.
8. Mobile friendly:Rankings of a page increase if they are mobile friendly because if they can be opened and searched on mobile phones and androids, they are more likely to be ranked higher.
9. CTR:Another immensely important page ranking factor is CTR. Page should have relative CTR from Google SERPs to the page for keyword .
10. Loading speed: It might look an odd statement but loading speed of a page also matters in its ranking. If a page takes a lot of time in loading, its ranking is less as compared to other pages which load easily
11. Searches of keywords: Interestingly whenever someone searches for a specific keyword, ranking of the pages which contain that keyword increases. Hence it can be rightly said that quantity of searches for that keyword in page is also important for ranking. Similarly if a page is about any URL or a brand or may have a specific domain name, its ranking depends on number of searches on Google.
13. Pure bounce rate: Another interesting factor which helps determining the page ranking is pure bounce rate of page.
14. Design: Page overall design also matters when determining the ranking.
User experience about the page is another factor.
15. Metrics: Long click metrics are also involved in page ranking factors. Similarly dwell time of the page also counts..
16. Freshness: How fresh is the content of page? It is some of the exceedingly important factors for page ranking.
17. Return visits to page are also very important. After an initial query is added at Google and Google directs to this page, if the same person returns to this page adding that query again, then the ranking of page would be increased.
18. Length: Content length of page also matters. The page with long content and much information would be ranked higher.
19. Age: Age of a page also matters in ranking. A relatively new page with valid information is much more trusted as compared to an old page.
20. Browse rate:
Average browse rate of the page especially after a click on the SERPs of this page is also very important.
21. Supplemental content quality: It is another important factor. Supplementary material provided on the page should be of high quality to gain good ranking.
22. Structured data: Pages which contain structured data of schema.org are supposed to have high ranking
23. Reading level: The reading level of content of page also matters.
24. Images: Presence of images also defines ranking of page. The number of images used on page is positively associated with page higher ranking.
25. Media: Media including videos and slides can also be added on page. This adds to the number in ranking of page. Use of rich media is one way to get higher ranking.
26. HTTPS/ SSL:Page which support HTTPS/ SSL are likely to be highly rated. Although this feature counts for less but it does count
27. Authority: The authority of page must always lie in hands of author. This also defines one of the factors to alter page ranking on Google.
28. Open graph data: The pages which contain open graph data or Twitter cards are also known to be highly rated as compared to other pages. This is a good idea to describe page ranking.
29. Raw quality links: Interestingly raw quality links provided by high authority sites is also among some of the most important factors for page ranking on Google.
30. Linking pages: For a page to be ranked higher there should be topical relevance of linking pages. Likewise topical relevance of linking domain is also one of the factors to enhance page ranking
31. Link anchor text: Link anchor text of the page should be varied and diverse .
32. Quantity of links: Raw quantity of links from known pages, entities and brands is also very important
33. Unique linking domain: The page should have a raw quality of unique linking domain which can be linked directly to the page.
34. Trust: The page must have distance from trusted seed set of pages or sites which measures trust of the page.
35. Position of inbound link: Another thing which greatly matters is position or as it can be said as context of inbound link of page.
36. Popularity: There are certain algorithms including Page Rank etc which are required to measure the popularity of page in public. It depends on the number of times this page has been opened on Google in a specific period.
37. Link velocity: Link velocity of the page is also very important measure.
38. Raw quantity of links:Raw quantity of links employs the keyword which can be used as partial match anchor text or exact match anchor text. In any case, it is the raw quantity of links which defines the keyword as substitute for anchor text.
39. External links: The page might have sentiments of external links which point towards it. This can be in form of advertisements etc.
40. Content of social networks: The page must have an engagement with content or URL on social networking sites.
41. Google plus: Another thing which counts for page ranking is its raw count on Google plus shares or +1s on Google plus which are associated with URLs.
42. Tweets: The tweets associated with that URL are also counted for page ranking.
43. Facebook: Facebook likes and shares which are associated with the page URLs is also very important for page ranking. They are counted and define some of the factors for page ranking.
44. Comments:The comments which are associated with the page on social sites from general public are also important
45. Social links and citations: Another thing counted for page ranking is social links and citations which refer to that page.
46. Pinterest: Pins on pinterest which are associated with page’s URL are also counted.
47. Upvotes: It is also observed that how many times the page is up voted on social sites.
48. Root domain: It has been observed that whether the keyword in the page is exact match root domain name or not. It is also seen that if the keyword is present in root domain name or not.
49. Search volume for brand or domain also matters.
50. Existence or quality of verified real world business information , your social business profiles should be verified the more you have verified profile the better your chance to presence in search engine .
Google take your profiles as trusted / genuine business you are into .
51. Number of citations for the domain name across the world wide web.
52. Co occurrence of keyword and brand. The number of times, keyword and brand are co- occurred are also known as factors for Google page ranking.
53. Mentions of brand: Number of mentions of brand names or domain on social site also leads to page ranking.
54. Popularity of an official social media profile is also one of the factors determining page ranking.
Domain level link authority features also count for page ranking. Among these quantity of unique link domains to the domain is very important for page ranking.
55. Linking domains: Topical relevance of linking domains also matter.
56. Popularity of domain:Raw popularity of domain is also calculated by the use of MozRank or Page Rank etc.
57. Trust of domain: The domain trust is measured by MozTrust or TrustRank, Webceo, seo tools.
58. Linking domain authorities: Linking domain authorities are distributed according to relative importance as well as their popularity.
59. Geotargeted back links: Backlinks from pages and sites of their area or language are geotargeted.
60. Percentage of links with brand terms:Percentages of back links which have brand terms or names in anchor text are calculated .
61. Link acquisition velocity: Velocity of acquisition of link to the domain is measured.
62. External links:Sentiments of external links which point towards the site are also calculated.
63. Uniqueness of content:For calculating the page ranking, uniqueness of content across the whole web site is very important.
64. Responsive design: Mobile optimized and responsive design is to be used.
65. Freshness of content: Freshness of content on web page also matters. Most web pages are ranked high due to their fresh content.
66. Page load speed: Aggregated load speed of page is calculated for pages of a single domain.
67. Dwell time of domain: Aggregated dwell time and long click metrics of domain are also observed as an important factor of page ranking on Google.
68. Number of error pages: Sometimes it happen that error pages crawl on site. Quantity of these error pages is calculated for page ranking.
69. Domain age:Age of the domain is also an important factor.
70. Authors: For a domain most important thing is authors. It has been checked whether the domain is associated with high authority authors or not.
71. Trust signal pages: If a domain contains trust signal pages, it gets good points to be rated higher.
72. Contact information: This information if provided on the domain, adds to its chances of getting higher.
73. Other sites: Quality of other sites which are hosted on same block of IP addresses are also observed.
74. Domain name: Character length of domain name also has a role. Similarly it is also observed that how much time is required for the domain name to be expired.
75. Hyphens:If hyphens are present in domain name, it also might result in adding to page ranking.
76. Unnatural links: Unnatural links contributed negatively to page ranking. Total number of unnatural links to sub domain or page is calculated and if such links are higher in number they decrease the page ranking.
78. Duplication: If page contains duplicate content, naturally its ranking would be low
79. Thin content: Thin content of page also decreases its ranking on Google.
80. Over optimized anchor text:Amount of over optimized anchor text also measures page ranking. If its amount is low, page would get higher numbers on ranking.
81. If the page is non mobile friendly, then its ranking would be low
82. Keyword stuffing: Sometimes it happens that within the text, rather than keywords coming all naturally, they are stuffed. This decreases the ranking.
83. Spam:Page links sometimes lead to spam, this also results in poor ranking of page.
84. Searcher satisfaction: If the page has a relatively poor surfer satisfaction than the ranking is quite low.
85. Speed: Page speed must be high // Google recommend green signal desktop and mobile version of your website should be pass that helps lightly your ranking .
86. Poor engagement: Page ranking is decreased if metrics used in it have relative poor engagement on page.
87. Advertisement: If a page follows large number of advertisements, its impact is not good. Most searchers, search for a page that contains low number of advertisements.
88. 404: Sometimes pages link to a number 404 pages. This is in fact an error in page loading. It has a negative impact on page ranking.
89. Blocking of page assets by robots.txt also reduces page ranking.
90.Page ranking also depends on total number of times links from page or domain or sub domain have been disavowed,
91. Duplicate meta , data , title ; If a page contains duplicate title tag, its ranking is reduced.
Increase in impact and ranking of page is dependent on mobile friendliness, analysis of site or page’s perceived value, quantity as well as quality of instant answers provided in SERPs, usage data which comprises of both CTR and dwell time, readability of page, page design, usability of page, influence of structured data in SERPs, association with mobile apps, popularity of mobile apps to which the page is associated, clickstream data from outside search results, speed of site, HTTPS and on page topic modeling.
Page ranking stays same depending on topical relevance of links, internal links, quantity of paid results on SERPs, URL structure, optimization of URL, URL formatting, social signals including shares, likes and +1s, raw domain authority based on incoming links and presence and prominence of advertising versus content. Similarly page ranking is observed to be decreased depending on effectiveness of paid links and influence of anchor text.
92. Panda Penalty: These days’ content driven websites are the “in-thing”. Any website with poor of low quality content loses the search result rankings and become a victim of Panda Penalty.
93. “Not-so-human” content: Well, if someday Google happens to find out that your site is producing computer-generated content, it can result into penalties or de-indexing.
94. Devious Redirects: Vague, irrelevant and devious redirects are a big NO! It can not only lead to penalties but also can de-index your site
95. Irritating Pop-ups:Its officially mentioned in the Google Rater Guidelines Document that sites generating pop-ups and distracting ads are a sign of low-quality website .
96. Affiliate Sites:It is now known to one and all that Google is not in love with affiliated any more. It is said that sites that are able to monetize with affiliate linking are put under an extra scanner by Google.
97. Spammed IP Address:If for any reason, the IP address of your server is marked as spam, it can have an adverse impact on all the sites running on that flagged server.
98. Unrelated back links: In order to achieve higher backlinks, webmasters often tend to inculcate the habit of adding unrelated links from unrelated substandard domains. This should be avoided at all cost since it may lead to Penguin penalty.
99. Low Quality back links: Low quality links are bad even if they come from a related domain. It is the webmaster’s unequivocal opinion that excessive links or blog commenting can be bad for your site.
100. Usage of Blog Networks to build Links: If your site is a recipient to an unnatural amount of back links from the websites that are being hosted on the same server, there are chances of usage of blog networks to build links.
101. Avoid Negative SEO , Keep safe Today, tomorrow and forever from low quality content , poor links and clone design.
Technically, this could be treated as a web spam and Google can come harsh over it by handing over a manual spam action or removing the blog completely.